After posting my Lessons Learned every month for a year or so, it has been a while since I’ve shared them! Today I offer a recap of lessons learned / relearned / affirmed throughout the first quarter of 2023. Can you relate to any of these?
1. Like in nature, much of life flows in seasons. Pay attention to the season you’re in and act accordingly.
2. It’s o.k. if you’re 20 or 50 or 80 and still asking what you want to be when you grow up.
3. Opening the windows after a long winter feels like freedom.
4. Two helpful morning questions: a) What do I most want to feel or say at the end of today? b) What will most help me do just that?
5. ‘Stay in your lane’ can mean don’t compare yourself to others – but it can also mean don’t spread yourself too thin. What is it time to let go of?
6. Even if the day doesn’t go according to plan, I am still better off for having created a plan.
7. Complaining does not equal changing. What action will I take?
8. A change in scenery can lead to an incredible change in mindset / perspective.
9. Just because the goal isn’t achieved in the expected time frame doesn’t mean it’s the wrong goal. Good things take time – and sometimes more of it than we think.
10. Inspiration truly is everywhere. Documenting examples daily is a wonderful self-care practice.
What lesson did you learn – or relearn – recently?