For years, I have wrapped up each month with a life + business review – typically on the final Friday of the month, or what I call ‘CEO + Life Friday.’ While much of the process involves looking at data and measuring goal progress, I also like to reflect on general lessons learned. Here are some of the lessons and reminders January 2021 brought me:
1. The decision to start fresh – whether Jan 1 or the middle of a Thursday – feels invigorating (and can be done any time).
2. Chili + cornbread on a blizzardy evening = a bit of wintery bliss.
3. Everyone has a story, and everyone is dealing with challenges we know nothing about.
4. “One day at a time” can serve as a very helpful mantra.
5. Twinkle lights year-round are not only perfectly acceptable, but absolutely delightful.
6. I feel best about myself when I pay attention to – and honor – the basics: movement, water, core values, rest, etc.
7. I still have so much to learn.
8. I think writing in fountain pen on smooth paper actually calms my nervous system.
9. Wearing red – bright red – is an instant energy booster.
10. Always allow more time than you think it will take – whether a project, driving, healing. It takes the time it takes.
Do any of these resonate with you? What lessons did January bring you?
PS – I normally don’t share my monthly reflections here, but if you’d like to see them in the future, let me know in the comments below!
Ready to achieve some Big Dreams and Bold Goals? Click here to start with my complimentary workbook!