Continuous distractions appear from all directions nowadays, including within. We can feel consumed by them if we allow ourselves to.
But we can also change the situation. If we’re feeling taken in by distraction, it’s up to each of us to do something about it. One idea? Think of the myriad activities that keep you in the present moment, make you lose track of time, and/or feed your spirit, and engage them often.
Some ideas that come to mind:
1. Watch a sunset
2. Walk with a friend
3. Create something by hand
4. Refine the action plan for one of your goals
5. Plant some herbs
6. Read a gripping book
7. Volunteer for a cause
8. Eat a slow meal with a loved one
9. Watch a campfire
10. Learn a new skill
11. Examine a poem
12. Call a high school friend
13. Bake a loaf of bread
14. Create a breakthrough map for a project or challenge
15. Plan your meals for the week
16. Attend a concert
17. Declutter a drawer
18. Write in your journal
19. Listen deeply to someone
20. Design your ideal morning practice
21. Write a letter
22. Partake in a craft
23. Ask someone what’s on their Life List (aka, bucket list)
24. Write your own Life List
25. Make a list of 25+ activities that keep you in the present moment, make you lose track of time, and/or feed your spirit
Whew, I’m just getting started! What would you add to the list? Share your thoughts below or on Instagram!
Christi Hegstad, PhD, PCC is the Certified Executive + Personal Coach for difference-making achievers! Clarify your vision, free up time, and confidently reach bold, compelling goals that matter! Contact us today for coaching, speaking, and Mastermind opportunities, or click here and fill in the blue box to join our email community.