Happy MAPiversary! This month, my coaching and training firm – MAP Professional Development Inc. – celebrates 17 years in business. Below are 17 lessons I have learned in these years of business ownership – which one resonates most with you?
1. Revisit your ‘why’ on a daily basis.
2. Set goals from a place of vision – not fear, lack, or the way it’s always been.
3. Dream big. Then, dream even bigger.
4. Believe in yourself.
5. Believe in others, too. And the greater good.
6. Nurture your community.
7. Repeat after me: You can – and will – handle it.
8. Ask for help.
9. Focus in your area of genius as much as possible.
10. Stay in your own lane.
11. Read excellent books. Apply what you learn.
12. Do you. Even if it means doing things differently.
13. It’s ok to mess up sometimes. Even if others see. Own it, show yourself compassion, and learn going forward.
14. Invest in coaching, mentoring, and masterminding from people farther along the path.
15. Decide, then take an action in favor of that decision.
16. Let go of the word ‘should’. Replace it with ‘will’ or ‘won’t’; ‘choose to’ or ‘choose not to’.
17. Have fun while making your difference!
Side note: This list could easily have been 894,205,147 items long.
THANK YOU for your business and support over the past 17 years! Let me know below which lesson speaks to you the most – or what you would add!
Christi Hegstad, PhD, PCC is the Certified Executive + Personal Coach for difference-making achievers! Clarify your vision, free up time, and confidently reach bold goals with meaning and purpose! Contact us today for coaching, speaking, and Mastermind opportunities, or click here and fill in the blue box to join our email community.